Membership of the Chamber adds your voice to an established body of businesses and business people, who come together to make Uckfield a great place to work. Joining the Chamber brings you into a community of other companies and organisations working in the area, who between them have an amazing depth and breadth of local knowledge.
There are opportunities to network, form new contacts with potential suppliers or clients and help represent the needs of local businesses. It also gives our business community a voice in local and regional policy decisions, providing a forum for us to engage with our partner agencies as well as Town, District and County Councils.
Uckfield Chamber is affiliated to Sussex Chamber of Commerce, which opens a range of additional benefits to our members. Their affinity offerings are provided by association with the British Chamber of Commerce; any member of Uckfield Chamber can take advantage of any of these schemes including Business Healthcare and Roadside Assistance. Additionally, Uckfield Chamber members can enjoy the discounted Sussex Chamber member rates for their events and a 25% discount on their subscription rates.
Uckfield Chamber of Commerce is the focal point for B2B engagement in the town and membership helps us to network with other local businesses, as well as to maintain and enhance our profile in the town.
Chris Thorne, CJ Thorne & Co Ltd
- An opportunity to attend our bi-monthly evening meetings to discuss local business matters and hear presentations from relevant local businesses and charities
- Regular briefings on financial, legal and other topics which affect local business
- Monitoring of planning and environmental matters that affect our area
- Opportunities to ‘network’ with other members at our business breakfast meetings
- Close liaison with police on security and law and order matters
- Consultation and early warning regarding the activities of public utilities
- New members have an opportunity to present their business at our bi-monthly meetings
- Representation with East Sussex, Wealden District and Uckfield Town Councils achieving promotional campaigns, planning consultation, sponsorship and marketing
- Your chance to help raise money to support the town’s Christmas Lights and Late Night Shopping evening